updated on the 1st of October, 2022
Open Voluntary Service Opportunities in Germany
We are offering open Voluntary Service Opportunities within different activity fields in the Ruhr Region in Western Germany for young people with refugee background.
What is voluntary service about?
The voluntary service is an opportunity to volunteer in different fields of work. What is volunteering? Volunteering is offering yourself, your time and your skills to a cause and people. In return, you gain experience and new skills. It also allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. And volunteering is a two-way street: It can benefit you as much as the cause or people you choose to help. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you make new friends, expand your network, and boost your social skills. And for this particular experience, in addition, you will have the ability to legally move to Germany while doing something good for society.
Start of the voluntary service: March 2023
There are opportunities in different activity fields, for example working with children and young people, organising fun activities for young people, designing and creating clothes and fabric, gardening and many more.
Who can participate in this opportunity?
- 18-30 years old;
- You reside in one of the EU member states and you are holder of a complementary protection status (humanitarian protection, special cases, other protection status) or have a work/study residence permit;
- You have a valid travel document;
- You have good English skills, additional language skills in another EU language are an asset.
What do you get as a volunteer?
- Housing, pocket money and public transport are covered;
- German language course;
- We support you in all steps: visa application, preparation of your stay;
- Experience a new culture, meet new people, discover the country and gain work experience;
- Training seminars for volunteers;
- You will receive a certificate.
If you fit the profile and are interested in doing a voluntary service in Germany:
Like what we do? Share with your friends: