LAST MINUTE CALL FOR APPLICATION
Interested in migration, asylum rights and youth mobility in Europe? Then join our team for a 11-months ESC voluntary service in Germany!
WHERE: at our German NGO migration_miteinander, in our offices in Witten (Germany)
START: ideally as soon as you can – we would like to welcome you in our team latest in Nov/Dec 2022!
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE POSITION, PLEASE CONTINUE READING BELOW!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
As we are based in Germany and the ESC voluntary service is a cross-border mobility for young people, in the framework of the ESC programme, we can only accept applicants with the following profile:
- Aged 18-30 (30 included! As long as during the application period you are under 31)
- Residing outside of Germany in one of the European programme countries or partner countries of the programme
IMPORTANT EXCEPTIONAL RULES:
- The ESC programme made an exceptional rule for asylum seekers and refugees with Ukrainian nationality: if this applies to you, even if you are residing inside Germany, you can participate in a long-term voluntary service in Germany (without crossing borders)
- Important information for holders of international protection status (refugee status, subsidiary protection) in one of the European member states: due to German law, you cannot participate in a long-term ESC voluntary service in Germany, but if you are really interested, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity as we can still arrange a short term voluntary service (up to 3 months) in our organisation. Furthermore, you can apply for this opportunity in other European member states who have a different legal situation. If you need more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT YOU GET during an ESC voluntary service:
- Pocket money: 420€ / month + monthly Public Transport Ticket (70€)
- Housing is covered + we support you in finding a room
- Travel to/from Germany is covered (up to 275€)
- ESC kick-off and evaluation seminar (all costs covered) with other ESC volunteers in different cities in Germany
- Language course (online and in person, costs covered, language of your choice)
- Liability insurance and additional insurance for ESC volunteers (CIGNA)
- Certificate for your voluntary service (Youth pass & certificate)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and a short motivation text (no need to write big letters ;-)) to email@example.com
Who we are:
migration_miteinander (mig_mit) was founded in 2017 by an international group of young people. Our primary mission is to promote mobility of refugees in the European context to make possible an Active Citizenship beyond national borders. → Please check out moveurope!
We implement empowerment and exchange programs for refugees and young Europeans, we organise youth exchange programs and promote legal migration for refugees in the EU. We offer different intercultural exchange activities and prepare young people to become Changemakers that actively build inclusive societies. The target group of our activities are mostly young Europeans and young refugees between the ages of 18 and 30.
During your voluntary service/internship, you support us with the following activities (depending on your profile and interests):
moveurope! mobility Hubs
We have several moveurope! mobility Hubs – a network of partner associations – in Germany and different countries in Europe (Spain, Italy, France), who all have the aim to host or send volunteers with and without a refugee background, all with the support of our association in the matching and preparation of both the interested partner associations who want to host and the interested candidates who want to do the voluntary service. These opportunities are created for the aim of giving young people the possibility to participate in a mobility programme legally and move as they wish.
legal help desk moveurope!
Through our legal help desk, people all around Europe can request information and online consultation about mobility rights and opportunities for refugees. Our legal help desk team can be supported in many ways: legal research, consultation (you get trained!), preparation of information documents for our target group (brochures, infographics), contact with the target group, management of applications, networking, organization of info events and much more…
We have a local help desk – Bewerbercafé – in Witten where we offer labor market integration support for migrants and refugees. Through Yalla Integra! we bring together young people in the city to exchange and discover the area together through different activities (language tandem, implementation of own small project ideas, cooking or gardening and much more). In the framework of both projects we also organize training and workshops. You can support our projects.
communication and PR:
Whether you have skills in creating designs (Canva or other programmes), in content writing, community management or developing audiovisual content – we always need a hand with our social media, advocacy or PR/communication, for both our association and our main programme moveurope!. Please check out our different channels!
Who are we looking for?
The most determining factor for us is your motivation and willingness to get involved in an intensive learning process
Working with us demands the following skills and competencies:
– Proficient in spoken and written English
– Basic communication skills in German are desirable, but not necessary. Our team speaks French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Pashto, Malay and more…what will you bring? 🙂
– Former experience in the field of European mobility and/ or migration
– Diversity Competence
– Self-engagement and autonomy
– An empathic and open mind
– Readiness to work with digital tools
– Interest in elaborating new contents in teamwork
Furthermore, we are interested in interns, who bring additional skills in the following fields:
– Public Relations
– Graphic design
– Event management
– Non-formal Education
What else can you find at mig_mit…
– Regular training on topics such as legal issues, intercultural mediation, empowerment strategies, project management
– The possibility to join a young and international team
– The possibility to introduce ideas and take responsibilities and to develop individual micro projects
– The possibility to get to know different projects and concepts in the field of European mobility and social inclusion of refugees
– depending on the activity areas that you get involved in, you could have the possibility o travel to other European countries (mostly Italy)
Like what we do? Share with your friends: